Customer Service Supervisor
This position is responsible for the oversight of the daily operation of the Customer Service department. The Customer Service supervisor supervises the work of customer service representatives and provides and promotes internal and external customer service satisfaction.
- Supervises Customer Service staff. Monitors their progress and ensures compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Evaluates the job performance of assigned personnel.
- Input customer sales orders into company ERP system.
- Delegate sales orders to Customer Service representatives for order entry.
- Serve as a liaison between sales and materials, quality and manufacturing management and other personnel.
- Review all customer Return Authorizations before final authorization and review with Quality Manager for approval.
- Weekly review of backlog orders and determine cause of order delay.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, inquiries or issues.
- Communicate with plant production to ensure on-time delivery of company products.
- Communicate with sales staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Respond to customer inquiries and orders communicated through phone and email.
Five to seven years of customer service experience
Previous supervisory experience in managing performance/employee relations issues
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Incumbents generally must be able to, with or without accommodation, have the proficient use of both sensory perception/clarity and muscle control/coordination. This may include vision (near, far, color, glare control), hearing (auditory attention, sound localization), speech, strength, agility, dexterity flexibility, steadiness or reaction time.
The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Company and the employee and is subject to change by Gem, as the needs of Gem and job may require.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals to assist in performing the essential functions of the job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.